User status
Watched Now
GET YOUR DEALS HERE LIMITED TIME OFFERS!
  • Please update your payment method to a card to enable the credit streak rewards.
  • We have a limited number of special packages per hour.

Please check back in a few minutes or when you see this tab change color.

Enjoy VIP treatment in chat rooms, discounts on products and unlimited access to your recorded shows.
    CREDITS
    credits FREE!
    Only 1 remaining!
    // VIP ONLY //
FREE CREDITS!
Create Free Account
CONGRATULATIONS!
LIFETIME STATUS INCREASED!
Your Status has moved up from “REGULAR” to ...
SUPERSTAR
X
CONGRATULATIONS!
CURRENT LEVEL INCREASED!
LEVEL
X
X
Free VOD Passes

You have free video passes available! Use them before they expire.

Redeem your pass during the video purchase process by selecting Free Pass.

Go to Videos now.

Processing your request ...
Please wait while we attempt to process your request.
X
Process Failed
We were unable to process your request. Please try again.

Forums / News & Announcements

Two Weeks Without Whispers
More Actions

Add to List

X

Select a list to add

Item was successfully added to this list

No list available

Add to List
Add Reply
News & Announcements: Two Weeks Without Whispers
Created by: VS_Brad

2/8/12 @ 6:40pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

One of the most frequently mentioned topics in the 2011 year-end survey was whispering. There has also been a very active thread in the VIP message forums on this topic for the past few months.

BACKGROUND: For the past couple of years we have limited whispering to where only customers can whisper to performers, i.e. the performer cannot whisper back.

Both sides of the issue definitely have good points. Whispering does provide the ability to send a private message to a performer, but at the cost of a disjointed conversation within the chat and a confusing experience for the performer.

Our goal going into 2012 has been finding ways to make the site more fun and part of those efforts centers around increasing the activity in the rooms. In its present state whispering detracts from the overall conversation and thus appears to run counter to our goals.

Starting Thursday, February 9th we will being to roll-out a chat system change to temporarily disable whispering for two-weeks. If you attempt to whisper the message will not be sent and you will be reminded about the temporary ban on whispering.

Whispering will still be available during paid shows, mostly applicable to multi-user shows.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we test this change to our site. We realize that there were many other good ideas about how to curtail whispers but we made a decision to test this change first.

Sincerely,

Brad
gooday85
Created by: gooday85

2/8/12 @ 6:56pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Thanks, Brad. About a year ago I posted that I hated whispers and hoped you would create a bank so members could hide their credit totals and not encourage models to milk the credits. Now, it has happened, but I hope the whisper ban remains permanent. I guess dreams do cum true. LOL

2/8/12 @ 7:50pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Thanks, Brad. About a year ago I posted that I hated whispers and hoped you would create a bank so members could hide their credit totals and not encourage models to milk the credits. Now, it has happened, but I hope the whisper ban remains permanent. I guess dreams do cum true. LOL

Some things take a bit but I'm happy that we're getting a lot of stuff cranked out and I feel like it's having a positive impact on the experience on the site. It's all about "MORE FUN"!

Brad

PJ_456
Created by: pj_456

2/8/12 @ 8:13pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Brad,
I understand the concerns of other members and I also do not like it when someone has a complete conversation in whisper. Honestly I do whisper from time to time but never in excess. I do not want whisper permanently removed and I hope you can find a solution to please all. I think this is a great site and I enjoy the time I spend here.
bechor
Created by: bechor

2/8/12 @ 8:16pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

i think it is a mistake.
the conversations are disoriented without whispering.
if you need to tell a model somethi gright away that is private why should i not be able to do it?
the privates are not private to start with. You watch them as they perform and sensor anything we say. we have to watch what we say now all the time.
I think this is taking away a means of the potential client to ask a model a question not all in room have to hear.
I do not like it.
PJ_456
Created by: pj_456

2/8/12 @ 8:21pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

i think it is a mistake.
the conversations are disoriented without whispering.
if you need to tell a model somethi gright away that is private why should i not be able to do it?
the privates are not private to start with. You watch them as they perform and sensor anything we say. we have to watch what we say now all the time.
I think this is taking away a means of the potential client to ask a model a question not all in room have to hear.
I do not like it.

I totally agree :thumbsup
UglyCouch
Created by: uglycouch

2/8/12 @ 8:36pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Brad I understand why many dont like the disjointedness Whispering causes to the chat, I feel it does too.

BUT....

I think getting rid of Whispering is a mistake, granted I think way to many people use whispering to talk with a model about things that would be perfectly "safe" in open chat. Sometimes a whisper is a nice private way to negotiate ones desires for a private with a model, especailly one new to a member, not all of us wish to disclose our particular kinks out in public in front of the other citizens of our community.

Might I suggest that instead of removing this feature, even if just for a trial, maybe we can find some way to limit the "abuse" of the whisper. Maybe a limit per user account of 20(or some other useful yet limiting number) whispers a day.
Your2hot
Created by: your2hot

2/8/12 @ 8:58pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Mistake to remove them, there are lots of things guys wish to discuss without the room needing to know especially when it comes to special kinks, personal things and the like. Yes its annoying when you know there is entire whisper conversations going on but I think the models do a good job following everyone else just fine and it hardly annoys me enough to want to give up my ability to whisper. Again I believe this will be a huge mistake.
chinmusic
Created by: chinmusic

2/8/12 @ 9:25pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Hey Brad,

Wow. Quite the aggressive move!

I've been one of the advocates of change regarding whispering, but I think removing it would be a mistake.

My main issue has been with certain members who chronically abuse it, rather than the whispering tool itself. That said, I like UglyCouch's suggestion of a limit per user account (those who use the feature responsibly won't be affected at all)

Disabling whispering temporarily seems like a great way to evaluate all the pros and cons, but wouldn't one week suffice?

If the goal is more fun, then don't eliminate whispering, just curtail it. Seems to me the obvious solution.
heavyb
Created by: heavyb

2/8/12 @ 9:47pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I'm not one to post much on the forums, although I do read them regularly. But I feel the need to voice my opinion here.

To me, loosing the ability to whisper takes something away from the site. Whispering give the memembers an opportunity to ask the models personal question, or give them a private little tease to tell them something that not the whole rooms bussiness.

I wonder if maybe you haven't listened to a vocal minority on this one.

Thats just my 2 cents worth.
MasterDave
Created by: masterdave

2/8/12 @ 10:07pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Brad, in a history of Flirt implementing stupid ideas, this has to be one of the most stupid yet.
Created by: rheza111

2/8/12 @ 10:08pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

my vote is for whispers....
Shamrock925
Created by: shamrock925

2/8/12 @ 10:15pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Big mistake! HUGE mistake!

2/8/12 @ 10:51pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I do not want whisper permanently removed and I hope you can find a solution to please all. I think this is a great site and I enjoy the time I spend here.

I can't make any promises, but I do appreciate your feedback on the issue. We're committed to this two-week test run to see how things go. Hope you continue to enjoy the site during the test!

Brad

2/8/12 @ 10:54pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Frankly because it is widely abused and even the most creative ideas to curtail it are riddled with rules and stipulations.

I disagree 100%. There are very few words that are filtered after the recent changes and fewer still that are filtered in private. What exactly are you trying to say?

I think this is taking away a means of the potential client to ask a model a question not all in room have to hear. I do not like it.

Perhaps, but maybe still another customer shares the same question? The open chat is for chatting, not for private conversations.

I appreciate your feedback both before this change and I look forward to what you have to say after its in place for a few days.

Brad

Kertus
Created by: kertus

2/8/12 @ 10:54pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

...see u in 2 weeks!! THIS IS TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE NEWS! I cannot protest in any stronger terms!

2/8/12 @ 10:55pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Brad, in a history of Flirt implementing stupid ideas, this has to be one of the most stupid yet.

Well at least we're setting records for stupid ideas.

Lots of vocal opinions, can't respond to each post tonight. Looking forward to seeing how things go though.

Brad

Shamrock925
Created by: shamrock925

2/8/12 @ 10:56pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I am with Kertus! See you in two weeks!
1heartCass
Created by: 1heartcass

2/8/12 @ 10:58pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I am definately against the removal whispers for any period of time... I don't want 100 people knowing anything how about the events/my day/my life that I decide to share with a model.

I expect to be seeing a lot of "XXXX I sent you a mail." In open chat now. So, you will probably have the models flipping from the chat screen to their mailboxes to appease customers.

If anything, make it a function only VIP's have.

:twocents

2/8/12 @ 10:59pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I wonder if maybe you haven't listened to a vocal minority on this one.

Thank you for your comments.

We listened to both vocal minorities on both sides of the issue. The reality is that each group still only represents a small slice of the site ... the rest of the people aren't really represented on the forums or the survey.

That's when it becomes our job to look at the data, listen to both sides (plus the performers) and try to do what's best for the entire community even if it means some frustration with the change. Not going to please everyone, but that's not going to stop us from doing our best to try to improve the site.

Brad

Oct. 11
Siamese Cat: hello
Want more emojis?
  1. Click the "Send a message..." area
  2. Right-click current area
  3. Select "Emoji" or "Emoji & Symbols"
  1. Click the "Send a message..." area
  2. Open "Edit" menu
  3. Select "Emoji & Symbols" (^⌘SPACE)
Send
Recents
Open/close recents and search.
Chat
Please wait, trying to connect.
Launch in window
Please disable popup blocker
Close DM. Click DM icon to re-open

ALERT: Upgrade your browser

We are no longer supporting this browser.

You are currently using Safari version 9 (2015) or earlier, which will have problems with our players. We will no longer be supporting Safari version 9, please upgrade to Chrome, Edge or FireFox. If you have further questions please see Customer Support.

You are currently using Internet Explorer 11 (2013) or earlier, which will have problems with our players. We will no longer be supporting Explorer 11, please upgrade to Chrome, Edge or FireFox If you have further questions please see Customer Support

Credits
VIP STATUS
Instant Full Access
Gold VIP Font
Up to 10 Reserved Nicknames
Email performers with attachments
Largest Private Video Preview
Turn Off Free Users Chat (No Gray Users)
Access to VIP Forums
Free Unlimited Access to Your Own Recorded Shows
Free 150 Daily Videos Available for 7 Days
Free 1 Hour Feature Shows and access to Archives
Free Access to Adult Star Video Archive
Free Access to Model Photo Galleries
VIP
PASS
90 CREDITS
100 Credits Free
$10
Change
Instant Full Access
Gold VIP Font
Up to 10 Reserved Nicknames
Email performers with attachments
Largest Private Video Preview
Turn Off Free Users Chat (No Gray Users)
Access to VIP Forums
Free Unlimited Access to Your Own Recorded Shows
Free 150 Daily Videos Available for 7 Days
Free 1 Hour Feature Shows and access to Archivess
Free Access to Adult Star Video Archive
Free Access to Model Photo Galleries
VIP 30 Days of Membership
PLUS 150 CREDITS FREE!
$39.95*
Change
PASS
$39.95*
Change
Card Verification(CVV2)
The CVV2 number is a special number printed on your credit card and provides extra fraud protection.
Complete Purchase
Access Private Nude ShowsCreate Your
X
Suggested Usernames:
Usernames and passwords are CASE SENSITIVE
I confirm that I am 18-years old or older. I have reviewed and agree with the website Privacy Policy and Terms of Use & to receive emails