User status
Watched Now
GET YOUR DEALS HERE LIMITED TIME OFFERS!
  • Please update your payment method to a card to enable the credit streak rewards.
  • We have a limited number of special packages per hour.

Please check back in a few minutes or when you see this tab change color.

Enjoy VIP treatment in chat rooms, discounts on products and unlimited access to your recorded shows.
    CREDITS
    credits FREE!
    Only 1 remaining!
    // VIP ONLY //
FREE CREDITS!
Create Free Account
CONGRATULATIONS!
LIFETIME STATUS INCREASED!
Your Status has moved up from “REGULAR” to ...
SUPERSTAR
X
CONGRATULATIONS!
CURRENT LEVEL INCREASED!
LEVEL
X
X
Free VOD Passes

You have free video passes available! Use them before they expire.

Redeem your pass during the video purchase process by selecting Free Pass.

Go to Videos now.

Processing your request ...
Please wait while we attempt to process your request.
X
Process Failed
We were unable to process your request. Please try again.

Forums / News & Announcements

Open Room Flash Interface Support Will Be Removed 07/14/14
More Actions

Add to List

X

Select a list to add

Item was successfully added to this list

No list available

Add to List
Add Reply
News & Announcements: Open Room Flash Interface Support Will Be Removed 07/14/14
Created by: vs_doug

7/11/14 @ 6:44pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

On Monday morning, July 14th, VS Media will officially stop supporting the flash version of the open interface.

The move to the HTML5 interfaces was not an easy or quick decision as our flash interfaces have served us well for many years now. Though to ensure that we are providing the best experience for our customers, we decided to embrace newer technology and move forward instead of clinging to the old technology, possibly finding ourselves increasingly outmoded and unable adapt to the rapid and constant evolution of the web.

As a result, the new interfaces are much more intimately integrated with the rest of our site, allowing us to do new things which we werent able to do with a flash based interface that was isolated from the rest of our technology.

It has never been more convenient to start a private show than now with instant show logins and it wasnt possible using flash. We were able to add side bar navigation so that we could consolidate all of your commonly used tools and enrich the interface with a more conducive experience. We made improvements to the way we communicate with our servers, allowing our customers much quicker access to live video and chat. We even got chat rooms to load quicker because the interface isnt comprised of a single flash file anymore; the elements can be loaded at different times when they are needed instead. The list goes on, and it will continue to grow because we have many new features coming in the near future.

Some of our customers have expressed frustration with the change in our software and that is to be expected any time change is introduced. We have faithfully addressed your concerns so far and we will continue to address your concerns with the same urgency going forward. As always, our users are our best source of feedback and we place a lot of emphasis on your opinions. We have worked hard over the past few months fixing bugs, modifying features to better suit our users needs and introducing new features that mark the beginning of our move forward with this technology.

We want to make this transition as convenient for you all as possible, so I encourage you to use this thread as a means to express your concerns, your problems and your ideas. We are going to do some great things with this interface and we want you all along with us on this journey.
Created by: ourjeffie

7/11/14 @ 6:50pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

It's good that VS is announcing a change ahead of time, and outlining the reasons for making the change, instead of just thrusting it upon us unannounced :thumbsup
Created by: ronnie-uk

7/11/14 @ 8:31pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I'm not happy to hear this, but I suppose the announcement was inevitable.

I have been using the old interface almost exclusively until now, and am very sorry to see it go.

I will find the new interface less irritating, particularly for private shows and group chats, if the emoticons box could be rearranged.

The small emoticons are extremely useful. They save typing, and are instantly understood by performers - many of whom have English as their second language.

In the old interface the most used emoticons (smile, thumbs up, kiss, heart etc) are the most accessible. In the new interface they are not. That makes communication more difficult, and the experience less enjoyable.

7/11/14 @ 9:00pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

A common complaint about the new interface is the way that the chat text is split on the left and right. I know this can be changed for each visit. Is it too late to ask for left-justified text to be the default?
Steve1222
Created by: steve1222

7/11/14 @ 11:04pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

vs_doug, if you remove the old interface and only make available the new interface, I will leave this site forever. :mad No wonder a lot of my favorite models are leaving this site !

7/12/14 @ 12:10am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

if you remove the old interface ... I will leave this site forever :mad

Why is that Steve?
spar
Created by: spar

7/12/14 @ 8:46pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

A common complaint about the new interface is the way that the chat text is split on the left and right. I know this can be changed for each visit. Is it too late to ask for left-justified text to be the default?

Well said
The left and right split is alienating chat. Making text more difficult and cumbersome to interact.
What is the purpose of splitting the dialogue?

:thumbsup :thumbsup
zyxwv098
Created by: zyxwv098

7/12/14 @ 9:20pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Well said
The left and right split is alienating chat. Making text more difficult and cumbersome to interact.
What is the purpose of splitting the dialogue?

:thumbsup :thumbsup

I wonder, how many new members feel the same way. I have only been on the site for a little over 2 years and have not endured as many changes as others, but the interface change, though it had it's problems upon introduction, does not seem so huge an issue as so many seem to feel. It took getting used to, of course, but I'm sure the introduction of group chats, offers, etc. also took getting used to.

The split left-side/right-side chat does not bother me. It feels more like a real conversation than did the line-by-line left-justified text of the old interface, with the model's text appearing from the left (as though coming from the video feed) and the members' chat on the right. Perhaps, because this is the way texts are displayed, new members who are accustomed to texting might find a left-justified chat display problematic for the same reasons older members find the split-chat display and issue.

7/12/14 @ 10:41pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Yes, zyxwv. The texting point is relevant.

However, unlike texting, there is a rather important video screen on the Flirt4Free site. The chat window is already on the right side of the screen. So right justified text is even further to the right.

I have also mentioned here the importance of the small emoticons for quick and easily understood responses. When used on their own they appear on the extreme right hand side of the screen. That doesn't seem right
zyxwv098
Created by: zyxwv098

7/12/14 @ 10:55pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Yes, zyxwv. The texting point is relevant.

However, unlike texting, there is a rather important video screen on the Flirt4Free site. The chat window is already on the right side of the screen. So right justified text is even further to the right.

I have also mentioned here the importance of the small emoticons for quick and easily understood responses. When used on their own they appear on the extreme right hand side of the screen. That doesn't seem right.

I guess I am just in the minority. As long as I can communicate clearly with the model, the split-chat does not bother me, nor does the emoticon placement. But I do see your points, ronnie-uk.
Steve1222

7/13/14 @ 4:47pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Why is that Steve?

The new interface is user unfriendly. The new interface looks like a cartoon show. The font colors are bad and it is difficult to read what the models and members are posting. I spend over $1,000 a month on this site and enjoy the old interface. It VS Forces me to use the new interface, I will leave the site and take the $1,000 a month I spend here somewhere else. Over The last few months there have been way too many bad changes on this site, and it appears that VS could care less about how the members feel about the changes. VS is changing the site to please themselves and not the members and models.

7/13/14 @ 6:45pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

VS is changing the site to please themselves and not the members and models.

I thought VS explained the reasons for making the changes in Post #1 and in other threads on this subject

Btw, $1,000 a month would be a mere drop in the bucket for VS

7/14/14 @ 11:41am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

For you guys talking about the split chat justification and chat bubbles, you can change all of that within the font size menu.

You have two options in there. You can set the chat to be left justified and you can also turn the chat bubbles off with these settings. We introduced these settings a couple months ago for these exact reasons. Many of our customers still prefer the old way of displaying chat.

Once you make that change, those settings will be saved in cookies for you.

7/14/14 @ 11:52am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

@ronnie-uk In terms of emoticons, you mentioned that they are less accessible in the new interface. Would you mind elaborating a bit on this point?

In the flash version I built the emoticon menu in columns vs rows so within the flash, the result was that the most common emoticons populated the left most column first and moved out to the right. Now it populates the top row down. Would you say that is what's messing you up?

Brett025
Created by: brett025

7/14/14 @ 1:00pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I am finally starting to try the new interface again and perhaps I am just missing it, but is there no volume on/off?
Created by: alberich

7/14/14 @ 1:22pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I am finally starting to try the new interface again and perhaps I am just missing it, but is there no volume on/off?

Volume On/Off is on lower left corner in the vid window

Tim@54
Created by: tim@54

7/14/14 @ 3:18pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I am getting use to the new interface however can you fix the offer option to remember my password and signon name as do the privates? Also, I am still experiencing when in private the blackout/flash for a few seconds when someone else enters the private or leaves Thanks :thumbsup

7/14/14 @ 3:42pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

@Tim@54 We recently replaced the standard login process with instant show logins for the new interface. Since you already log into your account initially, there's no need anymore to retype your username and password to enter a show.

In terms of the blackout during private issue, I will have a fix out for this early this week.
Steve1222

7/14/14 @ 4:55pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I thought VS explained the reasons for making the changes in Post #1 and in other threads on this subject

Btw, $1,000 a month would be a mere drop in the bucket for VS

I hope that VS enjoys his new site. I am out of here forever which I get the impression that no one cares.
deafTN
Created by: deaftn

7/14/14 @ 5:10pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

this sucks. Thank god I'm rarely on anymore
Oct. 11
Siamese Cat: hello
Want more emojis?
  1. Click the "Send a message..." area
  2. Right-click current area
  3. Select "Emoji" or "Emoji & Symbols"
  1. Click the "Send a message..." area
  2. Open "Edit" menu
  3. Select "Emoji & Symbols" (^⌘SPACE)
Send
Recents
Open/close recents and search.
Chat
Please wait, trying to connect.
Launch in window
Please disable popup blocker
Close DM. Click DM icon to re-open

ALERT: Upgrade your browser

We are no longer supporting this browser.

You are currently using Safari version 9 (2015) or earlier, which will have problems with our players. We will no longer be supporting Safari version 9, please upgrade to Chrome, Edge or FireFox. If you have further questions please see Customer Support.

You are currently using Internet Explorer 11 (2013) or earlier, which will have problems with our players. We will no longer be supporting Explorer 11, please upgrade to Chrome, Edge or FireFox If you have further questions please see Customer Support

Credits
VIP STATUS
Instant Full Access
Gold VIP Font
Up to 10 Reserved Nicknames
Email performers with attachments
Largest Private Video Preview
Turn Off Free Users Chat (No Gray Users)
Access to VIP Forums
Free Unlimited Access to Your Own Recorded Shows
Free 150 Daily Videos Available for 7 Days
Free 1 Hour Feature Shows and access to Archives
Free Access to Adult Star Video Archive
Free Access to Model Photo Galleries
VIP
PASS
90 CREDITS
100 Credits Free
$10
Change
Instant Full Access
Gold VIP Font
Up to 10 Reserved Nicknames
Email performers with attachments
Largest Private Video Preview
Turn Off Free Users Chat (No Gray Users)
Access to VIP Forums
Free Unlimited Access to Your Own Recorded Shows
Free 150 Daily Videos Available for 7 Days
Free 1 Hour Feature Shows and access to Archivess
Free Access to Adult Star Video Archive
Free Access to Model Photo Galleries
VIP 30 Days of Membership
PLUS 150 CREDITS FREE!
$39.95*
Change
PASS
$39.95*
Change
Card Verification(CVV2)
The CVV2 number is a special number printed on your credit card and provides extra fraud protection.
Complete Purchase
Access Private Nude ShowsCreate Your
X
Suggested Usernames:
Usernames and passwords are CASE SENSITIVE
I confirm that I am 18-years old or older. I have reviewed and agree with the website Privacy Policy and Terms of Use & to receive emails